I hope you are doing ok in these stressful times. While many of us are sheltering in place, I want to share style content that fits our lifestyles now as well as into the future. This is a realistic, yet fun entry created with optimism. I partnered with Nike Women to review their Icon Clash line, which has the technology for working out, but cool enough for the fashion streets. In addition I share multiple ways to wear the athletic pieces in unexpected ways to keep you literal STYLE GOALS this summer. I only used what I had in my closet to style my new Nike Icon Clash items to make six memorable looks to share with you.
Stay cozy at home, workout, and/or level up your fashion game in the following fits. These are definitely looks for your IG grid!
**This is a sponsored post. I only wear what I like, so I stand by what I wear. Honest reviews always. I may get a commission when you enter through links. This does not change your price. It helps me continue to create content for you.
Nike’s Icon Clash line
Nike’s Icon Clash is all those 90s athletic wear vibes I crave. Often bright, playful, with articles to mix and match to create a unique look. This line is just the statement from street to gym many have wanted. Although the retro game is strong this line is definitely 2020 with style and fit, including plus sizes.
The sizes in Nike Icon Clash line are 0-26. The plus sizes are created for plus size bodies. Nike’s plus sizes aren’t just sized up clothing of their straight sized sisters’ clothes. No, they use an actual plus size fit model. If you’re plus sized like me, you get the same styling as your smaller friends, but made to fit your curves. The sizes are a true plus. I found the size chart to be accurate.
I focused on three of Nike Icon Clash items. I chose these items because I feel like the colors and silhouettes play off of each other each without being matching in an expected manner. I wanted these items make a LEWK together, but each item to seemlessly flow into my wardrobe. Notice how the jacket and track shorts color coordinate with the sports bra?
- Nike Icon Clash Woven Jacket: Delightful in a classic wind breaker style. The bright color blocking & loose fit are my favorite parts, but Nike also sells this in black which I just might need to snag. I am wearing a 1x. I think it would also look fabulous sized up one size for the that oversized look. I wanted to also be able to tuck it in. Tuck it in? Yeah, keep reading and you’ll see below.
- Nike Swoosh Sports Bra: This is medium impact with sweat wicking abilities. I wanted a sports bra that isn’t super compressive, but offered support that I can wear for mat exercises, walks and a night out dancing when social distancing isn’t needed, of course. I am wearing a 1x. This is available in multiple colors.
- Nike Icon Clash Tempo Short: Oh boy do I love these. I often find non stretch track shorts too small for my upper thighs. This is not a problem with these since Nike sizes to plus bodies. These are made for running and have built in underwear too. I am wearing a size 2x.
Each one of these items are trending on their own. I want to show you the fit and how to style them with items you may have in your closet to stay on trend all 2020.
How to style Nike’s Icon Clash line to level up your style game in 2020
My favorite ways to style the Nike Icon Clash line is to pair athletic wear with items that are little unexpected. Wearing activewear with your dressier clothing is a trend that has been here for a few years, but is still going strong throughout 2020. Of course it is, it’s fabulous.
Below I share examples on how to wear Nike’s Icon Clash line with items in your closet. As always, I am never subtle. I love a statement look and these are no different. Many of you often ask me for style tutorials, so here you go! Please read on and then let me know if you like it!
Nike Icon Clash Woven Wind Breaker Jacket can be worn tucked in or with a ruffled dress
- Tuck that jacket in! Was it made for tucking in? Doubtful! lol and that’s why it looks so freaking good! I tucked it into high waisted jean shorts and paired it with animal print booties. This would also look great with dainty heels.
- Wind breaker and a frilly dress? YES. OF COURSE. Pair it with slides or sneakers. All the cool casual vibes in one package.
Nike Swoosh Sports Bra – wear it as a shirt, of course!
- That country picnic in the city look. The sports bra looks great with a frilly skirt and non-stretch denim jacket. I wanted to keep the feminine summer feeling by pairing with a vintage style platform sandal.
Nike Icon Clash Tempo Track Shorts – pair with a feminine top or western boots and you have yourself a lewk!
- Pair the frilliest top you own with Nike Icon Clash Tempo shorts. It works. Promise. Cool girl casual.
- For an understated yet cool look: pair Nike Tempo shorts with a t-shirt and western boots.
I hope you enjoyed this style tutorial. What look do you like best? Tag me in your Nike Icon Clash looks. I want to see you how you style them! Do not be afraid to try new things when cultivating your style. There are no hard fast rules. Have fun. Experiment. If you have any questions, I’m here. No really, I am. In the literal sense, as I’m sheltered in place! Each photo was taken around my home by my partner, Kevin.
Please share this on social media: Pin it, add it to your IG stories, tweet and share on FB! I’m so appreciative to each everyone one of you reading this! Remember to connect with me on IG (I’m a regular over there).
Much love to you! Stay safe.